Re: LF: RE: Re: RE: USA/136

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: RE: Re: RE: USA/136
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 08:30:21
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Bill,

maybe asperine will do it. It is an old trick and has been described by
PA0SE (if I remind well) on the reflector. Just turn a couple of asperines into powder, rub the litz in the asperine
powder and heat it with a soldering iron of sufficient power.

Be sure to use asperine or any other painkiller based on acetilecalecil
acid, not the newer ones that are based on paracetanol.

73, Rik  ON7YD

OK on all your comments below. Just by coincidence I'm trying to strip the
enamel insulation on this Decca Litz wire and just 5 min ago I ran across a
posting by you back in Sept 12 of 2001 on the subject. You indicate that
paint stripper worked for your wire but, unfortunately, it doesn't seem to
work for me. I'm guessing my problem is the type of stripper I am using. Can
you tell me the brand name of the product you used and/or the ingredients
listed on the can?