LF: Re: RE: PART 2

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: RE: PART 2
From: "hamilton mal" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 13:36:47 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>

----- Original Message -----
From: WE0H
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2002 9:55 PM
Subject: LF: RE: PART 2

Hi Mal,

It won’t be that bad. Have any of the European signals been heard in the middle of the US before??? What is the direction in degrees from the central US to England??? My loop runs NNW/SSE and I don’t know if it would be pointing in the right direction for Europe.

73’s,

Mike>WE0H

Hello Mike

If the info contained in the Callbook, locators, qth etc are correct then your azimouth from me is 302.3 degs and 6235.8 km, from you 122.3 degs towards me, so your loop direction to EU is not too bad.

The nearest my signal got to you last winter was W9, and often seen in W1, W4 and W3 and VE1. I also had several xband qso's with W1, W4 and VE1 and at speeds as fast as 2 sec dot, all solid copy.

There should be a lot of excitement later on this year when the band opens up now you boys are operational also on 136 khz. Transatlantic qso's galore!!

73 and gl de Mal/G3KEV

http://www.geocities.com/we0h/lf.html