Re: LF: Decca component

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Decca component
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 19:20:48 EDT
Sender: <[email protected]>
In a message dated 5/30/02 11:30:54 PM GMT Daylight Time, [email protected] writes:

Mike,

I collected 4 spare IRF250 power Mosfets for the Decca TX from the Crawley
Club at the meeting last night and will stick them in the post to you
soonest. I was unable however to find among the remaining bits and pieces
one of the protective MOV devices but similar ones are available from RS or
Farnell distributors

                                       73,  de  Derek Atter,  G3GRO

It should be possible to determine the voltage rating of the MOV from the manufacturers part number in the Decca manual. If the original part is not available I wonder if its possible to remove a working unit from one of the other modules and measure its capacitance and compare the value against a potential replacement. Hopefully minor differencies would not be critical as the MOV is in part of the circuit operating in class D and there should be sufficient drive to mask small changes in capacitance.