Re: LF: IK5ZPV >< RU6LWZ

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: IK5ZPV >< RU6LWZ
From: "VALERIO" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2002 15:48:32 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
On Monday 01 April 2002 13:46, you wrote:

> Though I missed the QSO between IK5ZPV and RU6LWZ (-congrats!-),
Dear Wolf and others,
very sorry but no qso was made between me and Ed (RU6LWZ).
I did watch the band all day long, in the morning the noise was extremely low and i was able to see the faint signal of Szigy (YO2IS,T report), never seen before. I call him several time, but no answer. In the early afternoon, while Rich was transmitting qrss3 (O audible), i saw someone on the same QRG qrss1, he was RU6LWZ . Is signal was variable on the spectrogram betwenn T and O, i can hear it also in his maximum. I called Ed several time with all my power, i see Rich, Wolf and James doing the same, but no answer from Russia.
At 17:00z i must end LF activity for parents, so end of the story.
Many thanks to Ed and the others of the RU6WLZ crew for the opportunity to work Russia on LF, i also suggetst them to use a smaller antenna for reception.
I hope in another Russian LF expedition soon, '73
Valerio,IK5ZPV