Re: LF: Jason reception

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Jason reception
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2002 16:29:16 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear Marc, Cesare, Alberto, LF Group,

Thanks for the reports and images of the Jason signal last night - I transmitted from about 1900 - 2030 utc, with the full 1200W on TX, giving about 0.4W ERP.

Later I had a QRSS QSO with IK2DED - conditions were very good at my end, and I gave Giulio a 569 report - however he was not able to copy my manual CW due to QRN at his end.

I made a few CQ calls this morning around 0845, but apart from someone tuning I heard nothing - however, I could see a weak trace on the spectrogram at around 136.5kHz which seemed to be CW, drifting about +/-10Hz - I don't know if anybody claims this signal, but I think a QRSS contact should be quite possible.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU