LF: Loop Conductors and proximity effect Rdc Rac

To: [email protected], "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Loop Conductors and proximity effect Rdc Rac
From: "Paul A. Cianciolo" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 17 Mar 2002 11:15:03 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Folks

After researching the construction of Litz wire (Thanks John Sexton, Bill A
and many others) and speaking to a few wire manufactures, I feel I
understand better the complex weaving that is needed to make Rac of this
wire close to the Rdc.

A loop using single turn of 100 pair telephone cable was in the planning
stages.

So now after opening up a few types of telephone, 100 pairs/#24 and 25
pairs/24 cat 5 wire,
none of these are designed with the same weaving as the litz wire. They are
designed for low crosstalk between conductors and
immunity to outside interference.

So here is the question....  The proximity effect!

Where can I acquire data about the distance needed between conductors to
avoid this effect?

For instance..  I have lots of Belden 9555 which is dual RG59 LAN cable.
From a 1000' roll
I could acquire 10 200' runs that could be spaced at some distance and put
in parallel.

This would bring the Rdc of the loop down to .052 Ohm's.  I need to get an
idea if the spacing of these 10 conductors
would need to be 1", 5" 10" or more to disregard the proximity effect and
have a very low Rac.

anyone have any thoughts

Paulc
W1VLF

This Email was brought to you by a completely solar powered home network.

Cloudbounce Webpage  http://www.qsl.net/w1vlf/
GE Electrak E20 and E15  electric tractors
Air Rifle Target Shooting Enthusiast