LF: Loop Conductors and proximity effect Rdc Rac

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Loop Conductors and proximity effect Rdc Rac
From: "john sexton" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 11:36:33 -0500 (EST)
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Paul,
>From the interesting formula given by Cesare, the short answer to your question appears to be 1/2 inch.
I tried to find out more about Mesny's _expression_ from the Internet, but it looks like you have to buy the book.
I wonder whether Cesare can be persuaded to tell us the formula that relates q to D/d? At a guess it appears to be logarithmic.
The second formula can be simplified to
Reff/Rrf = 1 + (q-1)*sqrt(1-Rdc/Rrf)
When D/d = 9, q = 1 so the second term disappears and Reff = Rrf.
73, John, G4CNN