LF: RE: RE: TX Loop antenna conductors

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: RE: TX Loop antenna conductors
From: "Ashlock,William" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 12:05:18 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike,

So don't waste your money on #8 wire when the #12 is slightly lossier and a
heck of a lot cheaper. Am I right on this Bill???

Well.... It depends on what you are willing to spend to gain 2.2db in signal
strength and what kind of price you can find. At 7 cents more per foot for
#8, that would be $14.... Pocket change for most of us. Actually I found
400ft of #8 on sale at Sears a month ago for 6 cents per foot!

For loop experiments (determination of best conductor location, measurement
of soil loss at different heights, signal strength, transmitter testing,
etc), I prefer the #12. Bill A
Even though the Rdc for #8 is over 2.5 times lower than #12 for the same
length, the Rac is
only about 35% lower. This amounts to  a mere 2.6db signal improvement,
assuming no soil loss. >>With typical soil loss factored in, the signal
improvement would be less than 2.2 db.

This footnote confirms that this e-mail message has been scanned for
the presence of known computer viruses by the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre. However, it is still recommended that you use
local virus scanning software to monitor for the presence of viruses.