LF: PHD Radio 0.92, with calibration

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: PHD Radio 0.92, with calibration
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 2002 23:29:34 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Group,
   I have just uploaded V 0.92 of PHD Radio. It offers a calibration
capability, where you input a known and precise frequency, tell its value
to the program, and it then assesses what the real sampling rate is, based
on that information. The correction factor so computed is remembered
from session to session, as are other program parameters.

http://www.weaksignals.com/bin/radiopak_092.exe

Thanks to Wolf  DL4YHF, who suggested the use of the 15625 Hz TV
horizontal sync frequency for calibration purposes. As a matter of fact,
with a bare loop, without preamp, directly connected to the sound card,
that signal is quite visible on Spectran, and useable for calibrating PHD Radio.
I can even check, from the phase discontinuities, when my wife upstairs
changes the TV program :-)

The program has still many weak points, as I said it was born like an
exercise, so please bear with me.

73  Alberto  I2PHD