Re: LF: Proximity effect

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Proximity effect
From: "Stewart Bryant" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 08:02:32 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

I have a first edition and a third edition. The material is only in the first edition.

A very brief look at Balanis "Antenna Theory" has the passing comment that
proximity effect can lead to greater loss than skin effect (on a discussion on
small loops). He references G. Smith, The proximity effect in systems of
parallel conductors", J Applied Physics, Vol 43, no 5, May 1972 pp 2196-2203.

Perhaps someone who has access to a university library could take a look
and see what the article reports.

73

Stewart G3YSX

Dick Rollema wrote:

To All from PA0SE

John, G3CNN, wrote

Surprisingly that particular graph is not in my second edition. Is there another book? Mine is simply entitled Radio Engineering.
73, John, G4CNN

I also possess Radio Engineering by Terman and it is fine as a textbook. But as a reference manual Radio Engineers Handbook is much more useful, in fact it is still a superb piece of work. Look out for a copy!
I attach the title page.

73, Dick, PA0SE