Re: LF: Proximity effect

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Proximity effect
From: "Alexander S. Yurkov" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2002 16:44:09 +0000 (GMT)
Sender: <[email protected]>

Hi, Stewart ang Group.

On Mon, 25 Mar 2002, Stewart Bryant wrote:

A very brief look at Balanis "Antenna Theory" has the passing comment
that
proximity effect can lead to greater loss than skin effect (on a
discussion on
small loops). He references G. Smith, The proximity effect in systems of

parallel conductors", J Applied Physics, Vol 43, no 5, May 1972 pp
2196-2203.

The proximity effect increase losses indeed. The effect may be
substationaly greater than skin effect only. I have investigate by
myself this effect in solenoid few years ago both theoretically
and experimentally. Unfortunely I do not study this in loop. But it seems
that effect is large in loop as in solenoid.
73 de RA9MB/Alex
http://www.qsl.net/ra9mb