Re: LF: QRSS

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: QRSS
From: "Holger 'Geri' Kinzel, DK8KW" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2002 10:16:22 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Alex,

Just find a XTALL for TX.
I have some problem with good receiving (RX is very bad) so it will be
next step when I build a converter..
Sorry I have not much free time to do all of this very quickly but I'll do
it indeed!

... don't worry, we *all* went through this phase, that is the beautiful
thing about LF: none of the equipment can really be bought off the shelf
and every single piece has either to be build from scratch or modified!

When I remember back only 4 or 5 years beack , the LF pioneer DJ8WL (who
died much too early) did some tests on 137.1 kHz, and was proud and
surprised that his tiny little signal first was copied around 300 km away,
then suddenly by stations in the U.K.! Now we are talking about thousands
of miles spanning half the globe ... so it is just a matter of time.

Good luck, best 73

Geri, DK8KW (W1KW)

P.S.: Thanks for the information on the UA6 activity, we will definetely
look out for Ed, Ed RU6LA and his crew next weekend!