Re: LF: transmitting loops

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: transmitting loops
From: "jannsen" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 18:03:30 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Rik Strobbe schrieb:
Hello all,

I am still collecting information on loop antennas for my antenna webpage.
One of the things I am trying to find out is how one can calculate the loop
inductance of a big transmitting loop (based on the dimensions).
I found 2 formulas for the calculation of a 1 turn coil, but both mention
the dimensions in cm, so I don't know if they are usable for big loops.
I have 2 questions :

1. Does someone has a formula that has proven to be usable for big loops.

2. To all (ex-)loop users : in case you ever determined the inductance of
your loop I would appreciate it if you could let me know the inductance and
dimension of your loop(s).

A nice easter weekend (with a lot of chocolate eggs) to all,

73  Rik  ON7YD

Hi Rik,
guess you know the calculators "Loop-Antennas for VLF" by DF8ZR and "rjeloop 1 and rjeloop 2" by G4FGQ.

with some tricks all three confirm the measuring results conc my two turn TX-LOOP (65m horiz and 12 m veric (720uH)).
regards
Uwe/dj8wx