LF: Weekend report

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Weekend report
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 13:37:42 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello group,

There was good activity on 136kHz at the weekend, heard a lot of stations and worked a few.

Beautiful weather with sunny blue sky and almost +18°C, so not much time spent in the shack. So i was very pleased to work Rich OM2TW in CW again.
Also heard IK5ZPV with an amazingly clear signal on early sunday evening hour (until someone turned the TV on and the fun was gone, only Geri made it through afterwards).
I called Valerio in CW, he got the "DF0" after some attempts and asked me to return in QRSS, but I wasn't equipped for it at DF0WD and my hand-generated 'QRSS' sounded too dreadful so I gave up early (maybe time to modiy the PIC-keyer to play messages from memory in QRSS ?).

If IK5ZPV is on this reflector:
Valerio, I think you are QRV in Jason so if possible let's try next weekend. A simple calling-schedule for the "de-facto-Jason-calling-frequency" (137.52): CQ-calls between the full hour until 10 min's after, then 10 min listening period and so on.
Thanks in advance.

Now I hope everyone gets his full-size antenna up again very soon - though even of  wire can do a nice job (wouldn't have noticed that Dave used a 'backup-antenna' if he had not told me).

73, Wolf
 DL4YHF // DF0WD   Loc: JO42FD    ERP: ~80 mW