LF: QRSS...... Giulio

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: QRSS...... Giulio
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 23:01:42 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Giulio, I am listening most days all days with a waterfall running,
usually Argo. It can be difficult in the UK as we have some many very strong
stations if someone starts up on QRSS in the top porion of the band. I have
given reports when often no QSOs have materialised (I have no TX yet). I
will send a DX Cluster to your call at 137 tonight to see it it will reach
you local node. My node spots will reach most European nodes. I copied Marco
2 years ago with him running just 10 watts to his antenna useing 60 sec
DFCW, using Spectran. I do have some more local interference than in the
past but hopefully QRSS will cut through that.

I can often see traces of weak CW stations which are not read in the UK, but
which would be 'O' copy on QRSS even at 3 sec dots. Unfortunately QRSS got a
lot of 'bad press' about a year ago and many stopped sending it, maybe it
has 'come in from the cold' with the successes across the 'pond' and will
become used more often now.

Cheers and good DX de Alan G3NYK    JO02PB
[email protected]