LF: 137.00 FSK signal

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: 137.00 FSK signal
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 10:41:52 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all, Laurie and Dave, I am fairly sure that the signal we all heard
yesterday was our old friend from Canada. It was showing all the right
indications here and was instantly recognisable on a waterfall display. As I
said in my earlier message I think the exceptional strength for a short
period may have been a propagation effect connected with an X-ray flare
around the middle of the day yesterday. Conditions did seem to be returning
to what we have come to regard as 'normal', i.e. we dont hear it (if on) in
daytime. However yesterday's plot from Brain CT1DRP shows that daytime
levels of DCF39 where enhanced by over 10dB at times, and the night-time
levels were similarly depressed. This is possibly connected with the Kp=4
conditions we have seen recently and the storm that lifted the index to 5 on
the morning of the 2nd Feb ( note the 3 day gap again). There are
posibilities CFH  will pop up again as there is a 'possibility' (NOAA
terminology) of more minor flares (M-Class) from a
current active area on the sun.

Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]