LF: Re: RSGB Web site. - off topic

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: RSGB Web site. - off topic
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 17:16:12 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
[email protected] wrote:
Despite looking for abt 30 mins I couldn't locate any information on how to set up a 'name' and upload the HTML.

Dave,
    don't exactly know what you mean with 'setting up a name'.
If you intend to assign a name to the IP address that the RSGB website manager gave you,
this is what normally is referred to as a 'domain'. Let's do an example. My site is
http://www.weaksignals.com     The domain name is 'weaksignals.com'
To have a domain registered, you must take advantage of the services of an official
domain registrar. One of the cheapest (but with good service) I have found is
http://www.godaddy.com   If you are content of a domain name ending in  .com,
the current price is around 9 USD per year. For  .co.uk  names, prices are higher
and I am not sure godaddy can register them (but you can easily check).
Another well renown registrar is  http://www.register.com but it is more expensive.

In both web sites you will find a lot of information and explanations about the whole
procedure.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

73  Alberto  I2PHD