RE: LF: Loop questions

To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: LF: Loop questions
From: "Paul A. Cianciolo" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2002 18:52:50 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
John,

Thanks for responding to query.

I would like to discuss further a few points.

1)" A series-resonated loop is not a high-impedance antenna."

I guess I am misunderstanding The RJELOOP program.  The program predicts
that the loop impedance will be 1580K ohms and the 1 turn loop(my feed
point) is 1.8 K ohms at resonant frequency.  Am I missing something?
Bill's (WA) loop is 50' on a side using 1 turn.  Mine is 7' on a side using
30 turns.
What did I forget her John?

2)"Area enclosed by the loop is the key.  But in this case, Paul, I believe
you
may be asking the wrong question.  DO you really want to do that?  If you're
planning to put the transmitter at the loop, fine.  But remember that the
regulations under which we work here currently limit us to a total antenna
of
15 meters--INCLUDING transmission line, which in your current setup is
already 110m."

I agree that I am out of compliance with the 110 meters of transmission line
feeding the antenna.
When fully implemented however this feed line will supply only the drive to
the 1 watt input final.

Did you make your above comments because you think that he feed line may be
radiating?
A test was preformed with W1VD at the receive end and the loop has a front
to side ratio of approx of 22db
Not optimum for sure but I don't think the feed line is radiating all that
much.

Another test performed was to mistune the antenna and record results using a
HP Selective Voltmeter.

Out of resonance the RX sig dropped in excess of 40 DB

So I guess  I would Yes I do want the loop to radiate.

Thanks you and anxiously awaiting yours and any other comments on this post

Paul

Paulc
W1VLF

This Email was brought to you by a completely solar powered home network.

Cloudbounce Webpage  http://www.qsl.net/w1vlf/
GE Electrak E20 and E15  electric tractors
Air Rifle Target Shooting Enthusiast