LF: Re. Vertical grounded tower for LF antenna.

To: "rsgb lf group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Re. Vertical grounded tower for LF antenna.
From: "LAWRENCE MAYHEAD" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 09:23:30 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike G3XDV quite correctly pointed out that a gamma match could be used to
feed a vert. tower. However I had dismissed this solution for two reasons 1)
Climbing an 80 m tower  to attach a feed wire is pretty daunting! 2) Even
though Giulio's tower
is 80m high it is still only only 0.036 of a wavelength so I wonder wether a
gamma match could be made to work.Perhaps some EZNEC work would help here.
For the moment I guess I'm back to my simple solution of a single sloping
wire. After all this worked well for Dave G0MRFand the tower block.
Were there  some chance of another high support so as to increase the top
load
that of would be another story, but the  "new ground " theory works with
height as
well as horizontal coverage and has the advantage of getting clear of the
surroundings (trees etc) . 73s Laurie.