LF: more on Vertical grounded tower for LF antenna.

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: more on Vertical grounded tower for LF antenna.
From: "Larry Kayser" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2002 19:21:08 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>

Greetings:

> Mike G3XDV quite correctly pointed out that a gamma match could be used to
> feed a vert. tower. >

When I thought about this suggestion again,  I realised that it would match
the antenna OK, but of course it would not help to resonate it.

I tried feeding a wire straight up the side of the 240 ft tower here with matching at the bottom of the wire and coming back down the tower from the top. It did not work and I could not find any way to resonate it with the coil. It seemed to be below the resonance point even though the total length was only 500 ft.

Larry
VA3LK