Re: LF: Re: waste

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: waste
From: "john currie" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 14:36:05 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Noise
VE1ZJ
Brian Rogerson wrote:

I wish I could have expressed this so well in Italian.  Perhaps
Steve could do it for us from down under:-).  Surely you could
even run six QRSS signals through the middle of the sequential
D2T M7F without a problem.  If I can read it cleanly here
why is there a problem over the water?  Surely not receiver
blocking?
73 Brian

At 18:32 31/12/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>>From the screen capture I posted in a previous message
>this morning, it is quite evident that yesterday evening
>the band was crowded, but NO-ONE stepped on the
>toes of another.  The signals were all quite identifiable,
>being disjointed in frequency.
>
>While myself think that the 7FSK is not optimal, nevertheless
>it is a first step to leave behind our shoulders the CW, the
>son of the spark transmitters. For weak-signal work, more
>modern coding schemes must be used, based on the current
>status of the information theory. And, having myself been a CW
>operator for many years, I do recognize its charm, but I am
>afraid it is a charm based on nostalgy...
>In this world there must be ample space for nostalgy, but
>nostalgy should not mean nor imply immobility or ultra-conservatism.
>
>Just my 2 cents of Euro (what an appropriate time...:-)
>
>73  Alberto  I2PHD

73 Brian     CT1DRP     IN51QD     41 09 58N  08 39 11W
http://homepage.esoterica.pt/~brian