Re: LF: Very slow DFCW

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Very slow DFCW
From: [email protected]
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2002 21:28:19 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Markus and group,

The limit is not yet exceeded, DFCW with 25mHz "shift" is clearly visible.
Using these settings to receive:
 Sample rate = 11025 Hz
 FFT type = complex, center frequency = 650 Hz (preferred "AF IF")
 FFT decimation = 128
 FFT input size   = 16384
 FFT resolution   = 5.3 milliHertz
 Waterfall scroll rate = 30 seconds
 Visible freq range set to 651.8 ... 652.2 Hz (can be scrolled over 40Hz whith the above settings).
I will use a larger FILE buffer soon, to scoll the waterfall back & forth over a couple of hours. This will make periodic screen capturing unnecessary.
The only limit the stability of my TS850 which doesn't have an OCXO. The 850 was turned on shortly before the spectrogram started.
On the spectrum plot, DF6NM's peak is **only** 40dB over the visual noise  (for an RX bandwidth of 0.005 Hz) due to local QRM. The signal was just audible with a short piece of untuned wire !

Regards,
 Wolf   DL4YHF.

GIF image