Re: LF: speed/qso

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: speed/qso
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 16:32:41 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Rik Strobbe wrote:

At 16:57 29/12/01 +0000, G3KEV wrote:
>In spite of the slow qrs speed the duration of each qso was reasonably
>quick.
>QSO using 60 sec dots - took 60 mins approx to complete including
>callsign and RO acks.
>                   3  sec dots -           3 mins
>                   2  sec dots-            2 mins
>                   1  sec dots-             Althought John copied some
>of the callsign the limitations of ARGO at this speed, hand sent speed,
>did not permit a proper xband QSO. The dots and dashes were connected up
>and virtually unreadable, Johns comment. .

Hello Mal,

very glad to see that your successes in QRSS, congrats for the crosband QSOs.
I am just a bit puzzled by the QSO times given by you as just transmitting
your call (G3KEV) at 1 min/dot would take 58 minutes (50 minutes if you use
a 2/1 dash to dot ratio).
Maybe since January 1st there is a 3/1 conversion rate between the UK
minute and the Euro minute ;-)

But the main thing is that you made the QSO, regardless wether it took 1, 2
ot 3 hours. Once again my congrats to you nad John.

73, Rik  ON7YD

Thanks Rik for the info.
It took the minimun time, only one callsign was necessary at each dot length
using 2:1 ratio because the boys across the Atlantic had perfect coyp on my
signal every night so far.
The above times quoted are CORRECT.
I did not have to repeat anything twice etc therefore the qso times were Minimum
as stated.
I hope you now have the facts correct
de Mal/G3KEV