Re: LF: speed/qso

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: speed/qso
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 16:49:23 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

Rik Strobbe wrote:

At 16:57 29/12/01 +0000, G3KEV wrote:
>In spite of the slow qrs speed the duration of each qso was reasonably
>quick.
>QSO using 60 sec dots - took 60 mins approx to complete including
>callsign and RO acks.
>                   3  sec dots -           3 mins
>                   2  sec dots-            2 mins
>                   1  sec dots-             Althought John copied some
>of the callsign the limitations of ARGO at this speed, hand sent speed,
>did not permit a proper xband QSO. The dots and dashes were connected up
>and virtually unreadable, Johns comment. .

Hello Mal,

very glad to see that your successes in QRSS, congrats for the crosband QSOs.
I am just a bit puzzled by the QSO times given by you as just transmitting
your call (G3KEV) at 1 min/dot would take 58 minutes (50 minutes if you use
a 2/1 dash to dot ratio).

Used 2/1 ratio, callsign sent once and copied perfectly for each qso at dot
length as specified above.
No repeats etc were required. This was the case for all 3 xband qso's. Qsl was
immediate on 7025 khz from the 3 stations concerned, VE1ZJ , W1TAG, and W4DEX.
I hope you are not puzzled any more.
I realize some transatlantic qso's have taken hours and days to complete but not
in my case!!
I have several more reports and screen shots from VE1ZZ, W1JHJ,W3EEE and W3NF.
Best distance is 6277.5 kms
de Mal/G3KEV

.

Maybe since January 1st there is a 3/1 conversion rate between the UK
minute and the Euro minute ;-)

But the main thing is that you made the QSO, regardless wether it took 1, 2
ot 3 hours. Once again my congrats to you nad John.

73, Rik  ON7YD