LF: RE: Re: GPS Coherent PSK Transmission

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: Re: GPS Coherent PSK Transmission
From: "Talbot Andrew" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 12:57:50 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Well done, you even spotted the c__k up, that period at 2250 is rather
embarassing - I hit the master switch on the test equipment rack intending
to leave just the radio equippment bench powered.  Trouble is, the GPS
receiver was powered as a piece of test equipment so it went off. I realised
almost immediately and started again at the next 7.5 minute interval
carrying on as if nothing had happened.  The RF never wavered so phase
coherence was maintained.

Haven't got a record of the sequence here, I'll have to check when I get
home, its recorded in the logbook (!!???!!),  but what you got looks right
from memory - there was certainly a 6 / 9 ratio of 0s and 1s. I typed the
sequence in almost at random, in a hurry to start it on one of the 7.5
minute boundaries before 1800z without having to sit and tumb twiddle for
too long.

Your second method is how I was hoping a few listeners would manage to
receive this signal - hence the reason I kept the transistions to minute /
hour boundaries to make manual decoding easy.

Will be interesting to see if Bill managed to make anything out of
integrating several hours worth.  At least the 2250z glitch shouldn't harm
his carrier integration, just a frame of data.
Suppose I really ought to add a CW ID to be legal !  Should have a spare PIC
beacon keyer lying around which I can programme to send a callsign at 24WPM
every 15 minutes in OOK - that shouldn't upset the PSK signalling , although
it will generate widespread QRM in the CW part of the band - oh, sorry, it
will be CW won't it so that's Ok :-)

Andy  G4JNT