LF: RE: GPS Coherent PSK Transmission

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: GPS Coherent PSK Transmission
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 12:01:42 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Dear LF group,

A number of people expressed an interest in my reception of G4JNT's PSK beacon, so here is 1/2 hour from the spectrogram from Monday night, hopefully edited down to a reasonable size for the reflector.

As you can see, the phase transitions show up as "beads" on the carrier ( with Spectrum Lab I used 11025 sample rate, divided by 4, and 65k FFT length to get 0.042Hz resolution - what I would usually use for 30sec dots). Note there is a time lag between the 30s markers and the phase transitions, presumably due to the time taken for the FFT to acquire samples. To find the data sequence, we know that the first logic level at the end of the period 21:00:00 to 21:00:30 is a 0; we can see a phase transition occurs at the beginning of the 21:00:30 to 21:01:00 period, so that the second data bit must be 1 - and so on for all 30 bit periods. If there is a phase transition at the beginning of a bit period, the data in that bit period is inverted from the previous data bit; if no transition, the data is the same as the previous period.

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU

JPEG image