LF: Virus

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Virus
From: "Brian Rogerson" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 15:42:58 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
May I start with apologies.

On switching on this morning the modem was called and connected
to the ISP before I called the e-mail programme.  Watching in open
mouthed amazement the system blasted goodness knows what into
"ether" of the www before I reacted and tore the modem cable out
of the wall socket.

The virus protection programme eventually told me it was

W32/MsInit.worm.b residing in Window/System/Wininit.exe

It would appear unlikely to have arrived as an attachment and probably was received while working with I_Link yesterday.
Computers with the "C" drive "share" open are said to be
vulnerable.  I sincerely hope I have not passed this menace
on to anybody and apologise again if I have.

73, Brian 73 Brian CT1DRP IN51QD 41 09 58N 08 39 11W
http://homepage.esoterica.pt/~brian