Re: LF: First Jason QSO?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: First Jason QSO?
From: [email protected]
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 06:30:22 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hello Dave and all,

At least it was my first "on air" test with Jason, both for "RX" and "TX". So I'm very pleased to have received an instant answer from Dave who must have been lurking on the frequency - thanks !

Also thanks to Alberto who must have a very busy time. A question: How can I see when the last character of my transmitted text string is "complete" ? Is the transmission complete when it disappears from the screen, or does it take another couple of seconds to make the transmission complete.

I did the "RX"/"TX" changeover manually with a "PTT"-switch. For the soundcard output option, one could use the serial port to control the transmitter (like the PSK31 software does). But this should have low priority on Alberto's wish list !

Unfortunately, it was too cold on the clubstation to stay there much longer. And the local QRM was very strong; but JASON did not seem to suffer from the crashes and bangs and all the drifting carriers. Well done ! Dave's signal was audible, but a regular CW QSO would not have been "armchair copy" as in the good old days when we started with less QRM.

Apologies to the station who called me a bit later on 136.6 in regular CW. On a normal day without the heavy QRM, I could have pulled you through.

Thanks again Dave  (next time I'll also have a hot cup of tea at the club stn)
    and Alberto (keep up the good work !)

73
Wolf  DL4YHF