LF: RE: SMT Devices

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: RE: SMT Devices
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 18:14:34 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Larry Kayser wrote:

 My list of opcodes
was a type written list and it took three months work to get this little
darling to print out the first "A" on an ancient Chicago Teletype Corp
Model 33 printer.

This reminds me of my first experiments with a uP board, one that, I am
sure, will awake many memories in our UK friends, the Nascom 1...
I bought it in London, in kit form, during a trip there.
It was Z80-based, 1 kB of RAM, and I hand-assembled the programs
for it, computing all the branch offsets by hand... imagine the joy when
you had to insert new instructions in the middle of the program...
but I managed to stuff an RTTY decoder in that 1 kB...
then I bought the 32 kB expansion, a luxury indeed,  the assembler
program, and the fun ended...:-)

I still have it, in my nostalgia department...

73  Alberto  I2PHD