Re: LF: Soldering down fine-pitch parts

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Soldering down fine-pitch parts
From: "M.J.Powell" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 19:49:24 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
snip

Any human attempt at laying these things down will always result
in a long period of squinting, cleaning and picking between its teeth
with a scalpel, including this, but it is amazing how well this horrible method works. Never lost a device. Oh, except for the dsp on which a mold ejection dimple was more prominent than the 'pin 1' marker, resulting in an 80-pin part glued on 180 degrees out . . .

Reminds me of the day I soldered a 32 core cable into a 32 pin plug,
then found that I'd forgotten to slide on the cover first...

All done in the dark sitting on an upturned waste-paper basket with a
torch in my mouth.

Mike --
M.J.Powell