Re: LF: Class D TX chips

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Class D TX chips
From: "Steve Dove" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2002 12:29:51 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Zim,

To be fair to TI, their intention is that these amplifiers be used in
self-powered
speakers, where the speaker wire length is inches (sorry, cems) at worst.
For the last few weeks I've had a couple of these driving a pair of whacking great JBLs in my office, and they sound better than they have any right to.
Big welly from something about the same size as an op-amp.  Amazing.
Better yet, they've passed the headache test (long-term listening fatigue)
which many amplifiers haven't.

We're designing them into a product for someone now, which incidentally
- and highly relevant to your point - like any other commercial product is going to have to pass Part 15 and CE emissions testing . . . Anyway; I'll drag one outside and plonk it under the antenna and see what
happens.

Your local friendly LF pollutant,

       Steve        W3EEE