LF: Re: ARGO capture question

Subject: LF: Re: ARGO capture question
From: "Alberto di Bene" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 13:31:36 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
I have done some tests both with Argo and Spectran and, indeed,
when working in 256-color mode, the screen capture is less than
optimal, though not as totally trashed as in some examples that
have been sent to me.

Both in Argo and Spectran, the 256-color mode has been added
as an afterthought, only because some users, at that time, weren't
able to work in higher color resolutions. And I must confess that
the support of this mode leaves something to be desired in both
programs. With today's graphics cards,  the 256-color mode
is a thing of the past, IMHO. There is no more any performance
penalty when going higher, to Hi-Color (65536 colors), or
True-Color (16+ millions of colors) modes. And these modes
today are supported practically by all the grahics cards.

So I think it would be a waste of time to struggle to improve
the support for the 256-color mode. What you all think ?

73  Alberto  I2PHD