LF: Re: Re: 73kHz propagation monitoring

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re: 73kHz propagation monitoring
From: "g3ldo" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 23:09:40 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

John

It certainly could, providing that I get around to doing it on a regular
basis! Assuming that I am identifying the Rugby station properly, it
occupies about 100 Hz BW from 73.2 to 73.3 kHz.

That sounds like it. It is rather wide and dirty if you live within 200miles
of it.

I'll start paying more
attention to it. Unfortunately, I don't have a separate receiver to
dedicate
to the task.

Very few of us have!. I used a sort of slow manual time division multiplex
with CFH and a wanted signal and switched to the wanted signal as and when.
Some procedure for fast notification is necessary. With VE1JZ and VE1ZZ we
used e-mail, telephone and HF radio.
You could make a comparison say with Lauries signal and Rugby and see if
they came up together. .I guess the process could be automated. Any of the
LF gang got any suggestions?

Regards,
Peter, G3LDO

e-mail <[email protected]>