Re: LF: 73 kHz 17 Dec

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 73 kHz 17 Dec
From: "Dexter McIntyre W4DEX" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 03:55:07 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Laurie's signal is detectable here in NC tonight.  I arrived home
several hours after dark so I got a late start.  Noise is running about
5 db above the level I noted when Laurie's signal was Q5.  A fast moving
front with heavy rain just passed but there is very little QRN, just
higher noise.  If the noise would drop by 5 db I think Laurie's signal
would be Q5.

Dexter
John Andrews wrote:

Have been seeing Laurie all evening -- not overpowering, but copyable with
Argo's 120 sec/dot screen. Am presently set so that Peter would be visible,
but nothing has shown thus far. We have an ice storm in progress here, so
receiving conditions may not be optimal. Will leave it running overnight.

John Andrews, W1TAG