Re: LF: long haul QSO's

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: long haul QSO's
From: "Vernall" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 07:23:58 +1300
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all,

I have not had time to go over all bulletins in detail, but I have a summary
contribution to make from what I have seen:
- for hardware, there are attractions in having only one tone transmitted at
any time (more ways of making modulators and PAs).
- having a succinct QSO format is essential
- having a register of (short) call sign IDs saves much time (at ZL6QH,
sending Q is obviously more effective than sending ZL6QH, in any code)
- a call sign register could be "temporary" as a way of satisfying demand
from say 3 or 4 bit ID codes.
- having a "sticky beak" mode for Argo monitoring by other than the QSO
participants gives more interest to LF DXing

73, Bob