LF: 136 last night

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: 136 last night
From: "john currie" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 14:12:45 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all I have continuous jpeg from Laurie last night.  Most of the time
he was very strong , but he faded out completely throughout the night.
I am sending them all to G3NYK
   They were mostly 60second dots with 1or 2 where I switched to 10 sec
dots to prove it was Laurie.
   Some observations:
1 The K index was a 4 just prior to tests
2It went down during night to 2
3 There was widespread aurora on 50 es 144 mHz in Eu early in evening .
None here
4 Laurie's signals were so strong they made a mess of the band.  10
second dot  es dfcw is not compatible with close freq spacing and 60 sec
dots.  The splatter is obvious. I fear 7 freq QRSS would be even worse.
These bands are narrow. If we are going to make the band useable to the
maximum # of people , we need a modulation method with the smallest band
width requirement.  DFCW can probably be improved by slowing down the
rise and fall times of the RF.
5 It's hard to look for 60 sec es 10 dot stations at same time