Re: LF: SpecLab generates DFCW, QRSS and 7FSK

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: SpecLab generates DFCW, QRSS and 7FSK
From: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2001 18:56:18 EST
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi Uwe and group,

Uwe wrote:
> for test purposes I filled the trx window with any text parts accidentally
> found as file in my PC. But it was not satisfactory.

I tried the same and it worked nice, thanks to Markus' nice fonts. It is very important to set the parameters as explained, especially the "Size" parameter in the font selection dialog. Otherwise windoze uses a different font (if SIZE<>1 for "CW") and small letters are transmitted in HELL instead of DFCW, CW, or 7FSK.

> testing the 7FSK mode I filled the trx window with thousends of "G`s"
> and observed the transmission in my summerhouse. but the transmission > stopped during observation. the trx letters were exhausted.

Strange- a single letter takes about a minute, and the "TX" text buffer can be filled with thousands of characters. Place the cursor at the start of the text, and press F3, this will set the internal "TX" position at the beginning and you should have a couple of hours of test transmission. The transmitted text will be painted red.

> any idea how I can get a "endlosschleife" installed ?
> what is it in english,  "endless loop" ?
I think "endless loop" is ok.
Unfortunately the "digimode terminal" doesn't have this feature, but it could be implemented if really necessary. Until then, if you really want to "beacon", copy the text into the clipboard (select it, then CTRL-C) and paste it many times (CTRL-V, CTRL-V, ...) until you think the tx window is full enough. Then set the cursor to the top again, and start the transmission by clicking the "TX" button.

From Markus' original message:
> To see your own signal as well, you may have to set up an analog loop
> by enabling Wave input in Windows' recording mixer.

...or you connect the spectrum analyzer's input to the audio output (D/A-converter) while you transmit, and to the audio input while you receive. This is neither "full duplex" nor user friendly at all, but it can be done manually in the 'component' window. The next version of the program has a second waterfall window which allows you to watch the input and output simultaneously (sri not uploaded yet).

73, best wishes for 2002
 Wolf DL4YHF