Re: LF: Re: Great LF prop died at 0015 UTC!

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Re: Great LF prop died at 0015 UTC!
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 12:34:11 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

John Andrews wrote:

Dex,

That Mal's sure got one heck of a signal.

> At about 0015 UTC Mal's signal stopped.  Perhaps he went QRT.

Hello John and everyone watching/listening last night on 136 khz. I did QRT at
0015 utc then got up again at 0530 utc and went QRT again at 0810 utc approx.
I like to be in the shack when the apparatus is transmitting and I always
listen on 7025 khz approx
for any xband qso's that develop.
73 De Mal/G3KEV

Same thing happened here. Didn't save the shot.

> KD4RLD was listening to a BC station on 163 kHz which was very strong
> but also vanished about 0015UTC.  What happen to the great propagation?

That's Europe One from the Saar Valley - a French language station. They
sign off every night around 0000 (sometimes 10-15 minutes later), and back
on around 0300. That's my window for evening signals near that frequency.

> No problem with LCWA website.

My ISP sometimes has trouble with connections to AOL-based sites. Dunno.

> RAL just about consumed by that PLC.  Is that line exactly on 184.600?

No, 184.600 is at 800 Hz. So the line's about 0.2 Hz lower. That puts Paul
about 0.3 Hz low.

He was very appreciative of my report, BTW. Seems like a nice guy.

John (going upstairs for a while)