Re: LF: Propagation

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Propagation
From: "Mike Dennison" <[email protected]>
Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2001 09:56:41 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
G3NYK wrote:
There was another X-Class (X1.0) flare at about 1600z today Sunday and also a
substantial Proton event following it. I wonder if this means a good night for
DX before the CME arrives in 56 to 72 hours time. Look out for aurora on either
Tuesday or Wednesday midnight.

Over the weekend, I called CQ a couple of times, but no takers.

DX heard on Sunday, 4 Nov, included HB9ASB (549), F6BWO (549), DK5PT (559) and IK5ZPV (a good signal at 559, calling CQ and QSX 3.5MHz). IK5ZPV was heard at about 1700 so was the good signal due to the flare reported by Alan above?

Fixed a minor fault on my antenna caused by a cable-tie becoming brittle and snapping - never use cable ties on LF antennas!

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net