Re: LF: Transatlantic Anyone?

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Transatlantic Anyone?
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2001 18:39:37 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>

[email protected] wrote:

Hello.

My friend is due to move from his 15th floor flat next week and has asked if I would like to oeprate from the West London tower block for one last time this weekend.

With 800 Watts and a 170 foot top fed vertical I hope to be on 136k QRSS from 23.30 on the 10 November to about 03.30 the following morning.

I am particually interested in any station on the other side of  Atlantic (or Eastern Europe etc.) who would like to either listen for the signals or try a crossband QSO.

I'll post the frequency (s) and a contact phone number if there is any interest.

BTW - There's a picture of the site at www.g0mrf.freeserve.co.uk/atlantic

Hi David.
Did you have any response. I was interested. I was going to transmit normal cw if anyone was listening VE/W. I do have a friend near Boston/USA who is a professional Radio Officer and is getting set up to listen for me.I have been heard on normal cw over a year ago by a /MM off the east coast USA, unfortunately he does not sail the route often. Getting someone at these dx locations seems difficult. The same applies easterly. I have been heard in EA6 but that is not that far away.
Have been trying to get a couple of amateurs in Cyprus to listen and get active but because of the size of antennas required and the very low activity on the band they are not too keen.
I have contacts in other places also listening but they do not have the antennas suitable or resonant
for the job, so its pot luck being heard.

de G3KEV

73

David  G0MRF