LF: QRN

To: "rsgb rsgb" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: QRN
From: "gii3kev" <[email protected]>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2001 10:24:33 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
The qrn this past couple of days has been severe S9 plus long crashes
and not good for weak signal reception, otherwise propogation looks
good.
Best dx this weekend so far OK1DTN worked through the qrn racket.
I did not transmit last night. There would be no chance of hearing a
weak transatlantic signal through the static if anthing developed.
I checked the band before midnight and again at 0200 but still bad but I
did hear a slow morse transmission around 135.85 khz at only S7. I did
not wait long enough to identify the signal, I would imagine this signal
would be difficult to copy in VE/W or SV8 if it was only S7 with me.
The static is as strong as ever this morning. I am getting my 16 ft dish
set up again for
AO 40. This satellite has great coverage throughout the world all day
and is qrn free with a round trip of approx 90,000 kilometres.
So its back to microwave technology again, pipe bending, helical feeds
and gasfet preamps.
I will soon be looking for xband qso,s LF and Satellite.
73 de Mal/G3KEV