Re: LF: Computer as DSP audio filter

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: Computer as DSP audio filter
From: "jannsen" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 01:01:24 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Mike Dennison schrieb:
> I have been told there exists a computer program that not only presents
 received
> signals as a waterfall display but can also make one of the signals being
 heard
> as audio via the computer speakers. In that way the computer can act as a
 DSP
> audio filter, perhaps even for normal speed CW provided an appropriate
 bandwidth
> is selected. Anyone know more about this program?
> 73, Dick, PA0SE

Dick,

You probably mean the latest version of Spectran which has all of the usual waterfall stuff, plus a very easy to use CW filter. The frequency display shows the incoming signal, and also the edges of the filter which can be adjusted simply by left or right clicking the mouse. You can easily separate the wanted and interfering signal this way.

Download it from http://www.qsl.net/padan/spectran.html

Mike, G3XDV (IO91VT)
http://www.lf.thersgb.net

Hi Dick, hi Mike,

Spectran is ok if u are  contented with one filter.

I do use "SbFFT by KW5Q" when dxing on sw or looking for spurious. with SbFFT u can switch up to six individuel/independent filters.
I don´t know any more where I did get that program. its amateur freeware
running on DOS level. windows or other Betriebssysteme should be off.

guess Ko/NL9222 knows where u can get the software. if not, let me know. I could compress it down to a 1,8MB ZIP and e-mail it direct.

regards
Uwe/dj8wx