LF: Re. 73kHz Beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re. 73kHz Beacon
From: "Laurie Mayhead" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 14:39:07 -0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
Congratulations John, I dont think that there is any doubt that the sig's
you captured are mine. My dash freq was 72.4013 which compared to your
measured freq of 72.4014 is well within the
limits of my measurment capability.The times at which the signal peaked tie
up very well with Alans earlier plots of CFH, and the fact that two elements
ie "A" are clear indicate that the peaks are very short,the time to send a
two element character about 5 mins.
This of course must be an amateur distance record for 73kHz
can anyone work out the distance for us please?
I will continue with the tests tonight since the sunspot No. and Kp index
seem to be dropping so best to make use of the opportunity.   73s and thanks
Laurie.