LF: Re: Re. 73kHz Beacon

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: Re: Re. 73kHz Beacon
From: "John Andrews" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 10:27:54 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Laurie,

Conditions were considerably better last night on 72 kHz than anything I've
seen so far this season. Hopefully, if we can stay away from unusual solar
activity, we may be able to continue the trend for a while. I started the
receiver about 2230, and checked it just after 2300 before going out to a
meeting. It was obvious by then that I was seeing more detail through the
noise than I had on all the earlier attempts.

And I do want to point out to the North American guys that my receiving
location is hardly ideal. Others should be able to better this distance if
conditions hold up.

Anyway, I'd like to thank you, Laurie, for sticking with the transmitting,
hardly a glorious endeavor (whoops, endeavour). There's no great scientific
accomplishment here, but it definitely is fun!

John Andrews, W1TAG