Re: LF: IMAGE Satellite Experiment IMAGE Satellite Experiment

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: IMAGE Satellite Experiment IMAGE Satellite Experiment
From: "John Sexton" <[email protected]>
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2001 09:24:50 -0800 (PST)
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi All,
Having gone to the trouble to find out when to listen for these transmissions,
I thought I would share the results with those who might be interested to
listen for the transmissions on VLF and perhaps on 130 kHz. Though whether we
have any chance of hearing the latter in Europe I rather doubt.

Times when the IMAGE satellite starts to descend from 50 deg North (when VLF Tx
turned on), within a Longitude range of +/- 30 degrees. (Sri if you are outside
Europe, you will have to go to
http://sscweb.gsfc.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/sscweb/Locator.cgi and work it out for
yourselves)

Time GEO yy/mm/dd hh:mm Lat Long 01/11/21 21:14 50.25 -5.73
01/11/24 20:24  50.40    3.86
01/11/27 19:34  50.55   13.43
01/11/30 18:44  50.66   23.00

The VLF transmissions will be 0.125 seconds on, 0.375 seconds off, at 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, and 15 kHz, repeated over and over.

Times of closest approach to South Pole. 4 mins before this the VLF Tx will be
turned off and transmission will start on 130 and 380 kHz for 8 minutes.

yy/mm/dd        hh:mm
01/11/21        08:18
01/11/22        12:46
01/11/23        03:00