Re: LF: strange

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: strange
From: "Jonathan Jesse" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 20:43:06 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>

I was watching last night and received nil here, same tonight so far.
Receiver is an Icom IC-746 with TCXO, antenna is 1 meter active whip at 40
feet.  I also have a K9AY 2 loop system but my preamp is optimized for the
US allocations at LF.  My QTH is about 65 miles south east of John in
Plymouth, Massachusetts FN41qw, on the sea coast.  The Icom/1 meter whip
performed remarkably well last year on the 136 khz TA tests.
It hasn't surprised me in the least that John alone received this signal as
he constantly hears better than I.  He has logged many US "LOWFERS" that I
yet have been able to log.

73,
Jon W1JHJ