Re: LF: 73kHz/136kHz

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: 73kHz/136kHz
From: "Dexter McIntyre W4DEX" <[email protected]>
Date: Sat, 24 Nov 2001 16:31:55 -0500
Sender: <[email protected]>
Just for grins, I recorded a 15 sec .wav file of the 73.3 kHz RTTY
signal and uploaded it at:

www.qsl.net/w4dex/73khzRTTY.wav

File size is about 244 kb.

Dexter
Dexter McIntyre W4DEX wrote:

g3ldo wrote:
 Would it be possible for as many
> stations on your side of the Atlantic to monitor the RTTY station at Rugby
> on 73.3kHz during the CME disturbance - we have very little knowledge of
> T/A propagation on this band.

Peter,

At 2100 hrs I am receiving a good RTTY signal on 73.3 kHz.  Since this
is the first time I have listened for this transmission I have no
reference to judge it's current signal strength.  It sounds strong
enough I almost believe it would print here if the static crashes were
absent.

Last night was a complete wipe out for my 73 kHz reception due to
thunder storms in the area.  Tonight will be even worse but the much
needed rain is well welcomed.

Dexter, W4DEX