Re: LF: HAARP & NASA

To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: LF: HAARP & NASA
From: "James Moritz" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 14:18:20 +0000
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 12:58 29/11/2001 +0000, you wrote:
I have never heard meteors as they flash by, but one cold, crisp night in
the early 1960s the Fire Brigade (complete with rotating blue lights) called
at the farm next door.  I went outside to see what was happening. There were
no streetlights in the village, no moon and no fire, so the only strong
light came from the fire appliances. Every time one of the lights pointed in
my direction there was a clicking sound. I wonder if this is a related
phenomenon?

John Rabson

Dear LF Group,

Some sort of crosstalk between auditory and visual centres in the brain? I know some people experience sensations of colour when hearing certain sounds, and other senses can get cross-connected too. I suppose the way to tell would be to shut you eyes and see if the sound went away.

...If there was sufficient field strength to produce sound by the mechanism hypothesized to explain the phenomenon, these electrophonic meteors should have produced very strong noise bursts on whistler receivers...

If such an effect were caused by VLF somehow being perceived, or for other reasons, would you not notice similar sounds occurring when there was lightning near by?

Cheers, Jim Moritz
73 de M0BMU