LF: QRS : testers wanted

To: [email protected]
Subject: LF: QRS : testers wanted
From: "Rik Strobbe" <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 17:31:25
Sender: <[email protected]>
At 15:24 29/11/01 -0000, you wrote:
Hi All,
Rik has produced a modified QRS  DFCW program which omits
the gaps when there is a frequency change.This should enable a small
increase in message speed and I should like to try it out.
I will be testing this afternoon and will run the beacon tonight
from about 22.30 utc. The frequency will be 72,401.2/3 ie 0.1Hz shift. Best
display is with ARGO set to 90sec. dots but use 120 sec. for better S/N.
All reports welcome.   73s Laurie.

The option to omit redundant gaps is one of the changes. Another change if the possibility to drive the TX via the printer port.
This might be usefull for those wanting to use an older notbook where the
(only) serial port is occupied by the mouse.
Using (or better said abusing) the printer port under windows is not an
easy task, but thanks to some help from Alberto and Wolf I got it working ... Before I release the new version I would prefer to have the printer port
option tested, so I am looking for some 'victims'. If you want to help and
test the printer port option on your PC please give me a short notice
(direct - not via the reflector), I will send you a beta version of QRS 3.10.

73, Rik  ON7YD