LF: Propagation

To: "LF-Group" <[email protected]>
Subject: LF: Propagation
From: "Alan Melia" <[email protected]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 10:30:55 +0100
Sender: <[email protected]>
Hi all, the Sun is really quite active again at the moment. We received a
CME shock front on Monday at about 0900z, which lifted the Kp index to 6 for
6 hours. If this follows my prediction it should lead to ionospheric effects
by the weekend (about 4 days after the arrival of the plasma 'glob') This
could result in an enhancement of the daytime signal levels and good
conditions to Europe again over the 5th, 6th and 7th of October. (see my
explanation in the DC Cluster posting). Conversely it will probably lead to
increased absorption at night and lower signal levels by 'skywave'
accompanied by rapid and deep fading. So if you didn't catch the DX last
weekend it might be worth being around next Saturday, morning is usualy
looking best.

Good Hunting
Cheers de Alan G3NYK
[email protected]